Airflex WCS elements are disc type, externally cooled, spring applied units. They are designed to absorb and dissipate the thermal loads associated with the most severe braking and tensioning applications. The WCS friction couple was developed specifically for continuous slip service and has a dynamic coefficient of friction which is larger than its static coefficient of friction.
- The WCS element features a special high coefficient lining which provides 50% higher torque than standard friction linings and provides a 1:1 dynamic to static torque ration.
- Torque Capacities* Up To: 1,545,000 lb·in, 174.431 N·m
- Thermal Capacities Up To: 2,600 HP 1.939 kW
- Typical Applications: Logging equipment, marine mooring systems, drilling rigs
- Standard Sizes: 108WCS, 208WCS, 308WCS, 114WCS, 214WCS, 314WCS, 118WCS, 218WCS, 318WCS, 418WCS, 124WCS, 224WCS, 324WCS, 424WCS 136WCS, 236WCS, 336WCS, 436WCS