Airflex WCB2 and WCBD products are disc type, externally cooled units. They are designed to absorb and dissipate the thermal loads associated with the most severe clutch and brake applications and feature:
- Friction couple developed for continuous slip service
- Dynamic coefficient of friction that is greater than its static coefficient of friction.
- Special high coefficient linings which provide 50% higher torque
- 1:1 dynamic to static torque ratio.
- The Water cooled products feature a specially formulated friction material, interfacing with a copper alloy surface, which eliminates the stick-slip characteristic associated with ordinary frictional devices.
- The Water cooled products work equally well with open or closed loop circulating systems. On mobile equipment, the engine's cooling system can be tapped to provide coolant to the element.
- A unique dual piston design for improved controlability is available.
- Torque Capacities* Up To: 7,254,450 lb·in, 819.027 N·m
- Thermal Capacities Up To: 5,200 HP, 3.878 kW
- Typical Applications: Dynamometers, logging equipment, marine mooring systems, slip clutches, tension brakes, unwind stands, drilling rigs
- Standard Sizes: 108WCB, 208WCB, 308WCB, 114WCB, 214WCB, 314WCB, 118WCB, 218WCB, 318WCB, 418WCB, 124WCB, 224WCB, 324WCB, 424WCB, 136WCB, 236WCB, 336WCB, 436WCB, 148WCB, 248WCG, 348WCB, 448WCB.