Eaton's Airflex TLC products are designed to withstand high torque spikes found in heavy duty variable frequency drive applications. By increasing torque by 25% and providing an automatic slip detection system, the Airflex TLC decreases maintenance costs and downtime through automatic reset and re-engage, automatic wear compensation, safeguarding of expensive driveline components by utilizing an electronic slip detection system and easy torque adjustments during operation. The Airflex TLC is a superior alternative to traditional mechanical TLCs due to the ease of operation and the electronic and automatic protection of the driveline.
Common applications include grinding mills and large Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) applications.
Addresses these engineering challenges:
- Long history of driveline safety; proven technology
- Net Cost Reduction due to the ability to downsize
- Allows instantaneous and automatic disconnect from the motors and driveline components in an overload situation
- Minimal torsional and vibration transmission due to “soft” driving friction interface
- No periodic adjustments, lubrication, calibration or other preventative maintenance is required
- Design based on the traditional Airflex “VC” style drum clutch
- Overload or “slip torque” is easily adjustable by varying the applied air pressure
- Adjustable Slip Detection Control detects overload conditions while in operation
- Reset is instantaneous and automatic by re-applying the predetermined air pressure
- Torque settings constant throughout the service life with no manual adjustments; wear compensation is automatic
- Available in single wide sizes: 51TLC1600, 60TLC1600, 66TLC1600, 76TLC1600 and 76TLC2000