Pilot Mount Torque Limiters Bronze Bushing Pilot
- Mechanically adjustable, continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips in the event of an overload
- Torque at which limiter will slip is field adjustable through the tightening or loosening of a nut
- Adjustment nut is locked in place by set screws when desired torque setting is established
- Torque limiters can be mounted Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft
- Torque limiter slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key
- Momentary overload protection
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. A SensiFlex® clutch or brake should be used instead.
- Limited to speeds up to 200 RPM (see Ball Bearing Pilot models for higher speed applications)
- No reset is required after the torque limiter slips
- Torque limiters are bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
Mach III torque limiters are solidly constructed to provide reliable power transmission. The torque limiter pilot is machined for easy mounting of a sprocket or pulley in the field, or, Mach III can provide the sprocket or pulley pre-mounted on the torque limiter when it ships from our factory. Torque limiter models can be adapted to accommodate customer needs. See our Custom Design Solutions page for more information. Mach III encourages contact with our engineering department before purchasing a torque limiter for use in a new or retrofit application.