Flexible Mechanical Torque Limiter Couplings
- Mechanically adjustable, continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips in the event of an overload
- Torque at which limiter will slip is field adjustable through the tightening or loosening of a nut
- Adjustment nut is locked in place by set screws when desired torque setting is established
- Set screws and customer supplied key connect the torque limiter mechanism to one shaft and the coupling hub to a second fully supported shaft
- Note: Torque Limiter Mechanism DOES NOT support Coupling
- Momentary overload protection
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. A SensiFlex® clutch or brake should be used instead.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset required after torque limiter slips
- Elastomeric element compensates for up to 3 degrees of angular misalignment and up to 0.040 parallel offset between shafts
- Both torque limiter mechanism and coupling bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) to accept differing shaft sizes