Dual Passage Rotorseal
Dual passage rotorseals allow the transfer of media thru two separate shaft passages located on the same shaft end. Each passage can be used for a different medium; for instance, air for clutch actuation and oil for bearing lubrication. Inlet and outlet ports have American National Pipe Threads. Airflex has five (5) dual passage rotorseal product lines.
- The AD features a 1/4"-18 inlet port for each of the passages.
- Both passage outlets can discharge directly into the shaft end.
- An optional 1/4"-18 outlet port in the mounting flange could be used for the outer passage.
- The inner passage nose is sealed on its outside diameter by a pair of "O" rings.
- The outer passage is sealed to the shaft end with a compression grommet.
- The Type ADP rotorseal attaches to the shaft end with a 1"-11 1/2 thread outlet instead of a mounting flange.
- The outer passage outlet feeds into the end of the machine shaft.
- The inner passage is a 1/4"-18 port located on a flat of the hex mounting nut.
- The BD is similar to the AD, except for a larger diameter mounting flange.
- The inner passage is sealed with a a flat rubber washer which compresses on the bottom of a counterbore in the shaft end.
- A compression grommet is used between the shaft end and mounting flange to seal the outer passage.